4.05.2010

Diva-licious 1st Birthday Bash












Here's our Diva (after she was hosed down from all that pink frosting) waiting for her presents. Her dress only took me about 3 weeks to make...blah!


March 27th, 2010 completely freaked me out. I am blown away how my baby girl can go from this:

to this



so quickly! Eva was nicknamed "Eva the Diva" by her aunt Nikki shortly after she was born because she was very colicky and very high-maintenance. I thought she'd eventually grow out of this name, but she's only defining it more strongly as she gets older. She is our Diva. She has everyone in our family wrapped around her tiny little fingers and knows that we will jump at her every demand. She is now perfecting a squeal that has proven to get response even more quickly. She is a lot smaller than Anders ever was, but much more tough. I have to pull her away from him because she is constantly trying to wrestle him or pull his hair...out of love. She truly loves her big brother. In fact, today, when I picked them up from the daycare at my gym, the ladies were telling me that they were so sweet together. Anders got hurt and started crying, so Eva immediately started crying. I love watching their relationship because it reminds me of my relationship with my brother...sort of. There are some very major differences, but I vividly remember crying when Billy would get in trouble at daycare (many times a day). I have many memories of Billy making sure I was okay in social situations because I was so shy. One thing I think back on many times is when I was in high school and Billy was in his first year of college. I had issues with an older boy following me and throwing things at other boys that would talk to me. My brother was aware of the many issues I'd had with this boy and was irritated with it. One day, Billy borrowed my truck to go to a drive-in or something. As he was pulling out of our driveway, he noticed this boy following him. He took a couple of turns and noticed him still behind him. He immediately pulled over and stepped out of the truck. The boy pulled over behind him and when he saw Billy step out of the truck instead of me, he sped off. Eva's so lucky to have an older brother. I remember when I was growing up, I was determined to start my family off with a girl because families that had girls first seemed so much happier. :) I wouldn't change my family for the world! I get to watch Anders be head-over-heels for his sister and see their sweet relationship grow everyday. I love Eva's expression when she gets to wake Anders up from his nap. I love when she throws herself on top of him in hopes that he will wrestler with her. I love when she says "pretties" and pulls her bow out of her hair (sometimes). I love when she puckers up and leans in for a kiss. I love when she scrunches her nose and eyes and breaths through the gap in her teeth. I love that she will lay on my shoulder when she's tired. I love her love for babies, real or fake. Gosh! I should stop now or I will go on forever. I just love my Diva!

4 comments:

Sharee said...

Everything turned out cute! I can't believe you made her skirt it is too cute~You forgot that not only does she love Anders, but me too.

Heidi and Josch said...

holy H...your cupcake tower is so dang cute! she is a doll too!

Ricky and Chelsey said...

I cannot believe she is 1! So cute, you did a great job making girly cute things for your diva!

Kathryn said...

She's a doll! You could put your ruffle skirt on our blog and no one would see it because it won't come up!!! I'm about to throw in the towel. Where's Christian when I need his help?