5.28.2009

Our Wild and Crazy Memorial Day!

Our Little Lady! I've never thought anyone fit the "cute as a bug" description better than our sis. When she wears her ladybug outfit, it just solidifies it!


Anders standing on Sharm's 1964 (?) Cadillac. We are always so excited to spot this car out when we go to the Kaysville Cemetery on Memorial Day. It's fun to hear Sharm share its history and take our pictures in it. This is a memory I've been lucky enough to share with Anders now!

Carly posing as a 'hood ornament.' She thinks that's all she is!

I'm sure none of this tradition made sense to Anders. He just loved the open grass and freedom. I'm so glad my family has made it such a tradition to pay our respects to our loved-ones who have passed away. It really recreates those memories we have and we learn so much about those we've never met. I feel confident that I could take my own kids there and pass on each story I've heard there over the years.

This is were the party begins! Another of our family's traditions on Memorial Day is that it is the opening day of Grandma's pool! This picture is of Anders as he arrived and realized Ryder was already in the pool. At this very second, I was running home to get his swimming suit....
but he was not willing to wait for me! He immediately stripped right down and thought he was ready to jump in the pool. We've really got to expose him to the swimming environment more often!
Luckily, someone had an emergency swim diaper for him (slightly on the small side). He was a little unsure about the whole swim diaper thing because he was convinced it was a Pull-Up. He was really upset when they made him get it wet.

We finally got an actual swimming suit on him, but he still wasn't sure about it. He just didn't feel right wearing clothes in the water.

So, off came the shorts again! You may think he looks so brave in this picture on this motor-powered floaty, but this picture can be deceiving. What you don't see is Nikki holding on to the back waiting for the inevitable moment he tips in the water. You also don't see his frantic mother standing at the side of the pool, watching his every move.

Finally, the swim diaper comes back off and he does what he wanted to do the whole time...sunbathe in the nude!

Anders, Eva and I are so lucky to have family so close by. Christian left on Memorial Day and my family really went out of their way to make sure we still had a part in all the festivities. We miss Christian horribly, but love that we have the luxury of talking to him every day. I've really had to rely on those people close to me more than ever right now and I really appreciate their willingness to help me out. Almost one week down, one more to go!

3 comments:

Mark and Janelle said...

I sure bet you are glad that you live so close to your family now huh!!!

Christian and Melissa said...

Now more than ever!

Billy and Nikki said...

he's so funny, how are you doing? haw many more day?