5.12.2009

Now that I'm a Big Brother...

Anders has instantly transformed into this big kid since Eva was born. He adores Eva and adores his role as the big brother. It has really opened my eyes at how big he really is. He is finally brave enough to ride Grandpa's lawnmower, he has started to learn to play by himself, and he has gotten much more risk-taking. The risk-taking is what has kept me from blogging lately. I have found myself to be so much more busy! If I'm not trying to stop Anders from whatever he's doing, I'm soothing a crying baby. We have had a very stressful 6 weeks since Eva was born. She was very fussy and we were starting to wonder if she was actually in pain. We came to terms with the fact that she was just "colic" and tried enduring through it. I got really worried about her one day because I didn't feel like I could soothe her or comfort her. I took her to the doctors and we decided to try taking me completely off dairy products because she was showing signs of being lactose intolerant. I did that for a week and it didn't solve anything. We then were beginning to see more signs of acid reflux than before. We put her on medication and we have seen AMAZING improvements! We are so grateful to have our sweet little Eva back to normal. I can handle a fussy baby as long as it doesn't mean she's in pain. I felt so horrible knowing that she was in pain and there was nothing I could do.

1 comment:

Ricky and Chelsey said...

Melissa, I totally feel for you. Sophie is lactose intolerant, she didn't have reflux but it was awful trying to figure out what was wrong with her. I'm so glad you've got Eva figured out and she's feeling better. Anders is huge, I can't believe it. What a cute big brother.