9.17.2008

Full of Emotions

I have to give a quick shout-out to my AMAZING sister-in-law, Amy. She literally has the ability to do anything you wants to do. She has become a very professional photographer over the past few years and has quite the eye for it. I'm really touched right now, because she just posted a sample of the pictures she took of my family last Saturday. We are a very close family...I don't think anyone could argue that. Unfortunately, it has been a really long time since we've had our picture taken. We decided to get our pictures taken on the one day that we would all be together. My aunt Amy (not the photographer) got sealed to her husband PJ on Saturday. We all wondered if we were crazy to think we could do it all in one day. It got a bit stressful planning it. But right now, it's clear to me that the Lord had every intention of us doing it exactly the way we did it because he knew we'd need this glimpse of happiness we felt that day. That day was full of emotions for me. When we arrived to get our pictures taken, I found out that my uncle John had to take an emergency flight home to be with his wife. She had had two seizures and it was discovered that she had a brain tumor the size of an orange. His family (and Kenny, of course) are the only people missing from our picture. After the rough few days we've had with everyday bringing an update of not-so-good news, it is such a breath of fresh air to look at these pictures. It broadens my perspective so much. I am reminded of why we are here and where our focus should be. The memories behind these pictures will always be emotional and very meaningful to me. It was the day someone very special to me became one step closer and I know that I can count on being next to her for eternity. I know that the Lord knew how important this memory would be for our family and made it possible for us to enjoy the moment. Please take a look at the sample of our AMAZING family by clicking on this link.
http://clipsandclicks.blogspot.com/

4 comments:

Heidi and Josch said...

wow, i cant believe how much anders has changed. he is so cute. when are we going to get together again? cute family pix!

Pam said...

Your little Anders is adorable! He has your cute nose Melissa:) Remember how many times I would tell you at work how much I loved your nose. It's funny because each time I look at your blog, your nose is the first thing I look at. I know, I am wierd and VERY observant. But of course, you've always know that about me. And, I don't know if I read correctly, but are you pregnant. If you are, I am so happy for you!!
I hope you are doing well.

Tiff and Chris said...

I love how Heavenly Father works in such mysterious ways. How wonderful to be able to have that time with your family.

Amy Swaney CMB said...

Thank you Melissa. Those pictures mean everything to me. It was an absolute crazy but wonderful perfect day. I can't thank you enough for all the coordination you have to do to make this happen. You are right the emotions ran the gamut. I love you, Christian and little Anders so much and can't express how thankful I am for you. Thank you for being with us on that incredible day.
Love Amy