6.16.2008

Happy Fathers Day to...me?


I wanted to post this amazing opportunity I had this weekend. For months, my grandpa has been wanting me to get up a time to get together so he can teach me how to make two very special recipes for our family. The first one was my grandpa's VERY famous lasagna. My grandpa is a fantastic cook and just about anything he makes is fabulous, but his lasagna is to die for! I'm not going to share this recipe because it's very special to our family. Okay...if someone begged me, maybe I would. I've just never had lasagna that I actually like, except his! He also wanted to teach me how to make his mom's homemade bread. Yes, these are pictures of me making bread from scratch. I love to cook, but I hate to bake. Afterward, we gathered the whole family together to sample my first attempt at my grandpa's fame. Success! It takes exactly the same! Now, all I need to do is practice. I can't put in to words how much this occasion meant to me. I cherish every moment I have with my grandpa and am so excited he trusts ME with his pride and joy. We spent 4 hours, slaving in a hot kitchen and Anders just played with toys and had a blast. What a very special Father's Day weekend it was. Lots happened, but nothing topped this moment. I love you Grandpa!

2 comments:

utahmama2 said...

THat looks like a very special time! I am the opposite, I love to bake but hate to cook, does that make sense ? Lol

Heidi and Josch said...

cute. what a fun memory to create!