I've been promising Anders for the past two days that I will take him outside and build a snowman. He has this intense love for snowman (thanks to good ol' Once There Was a Snowman). Every time we drive by a house with a real snowman or even one of those blow-up snowmen in their yard, he gets very excited. I knew he would think it was so cool to have a snowman of his own. Just drawing them on his easel and making them out of play dough isn't enough anymore. Yesterday, I waited and waited for the snow to quit and it was not looking good. I'd considered postponing it for one more day, but there's no chance of a 2 year-old allowing that to happen. I finally decided to brave the snow in my face and make our first attempt. I had forgotten that building a snowman required getting on your knees. I of course, do not have snow pants...I doubt they even make them in maternity size! Boy, was a sight for sore eyes! I was bending over every which way to try to figure out how I could manage without getting my knees wet. I'm sure glad we decided to build it in the backyard and not the front! We finally finished the snowman and Anders could not have been more proud. He told everyone he saw that we built a snowman (including everyone at the grocery store) and that Mommy rolled and rolled and rolled. Hmmm, it sure felt like it. Man, my muscles are still sore. I swear, it wasn't that hard 20 years ago!
Kindergarten Graduation
9 years ago




5 comments:
you know i hear you on the snowman building thing, Shaylee is 4 and has been bugging us to go out and build a snowman. So i decided to go out with her while Tyler was asleep and I am with you it is hard stuff and I am not pregnant! Yet I did do it last winter when i was pregnant, and don't worry i don't have snow pants either!
what a fun mom you are....preggers and all!! I am sure Anders loves it! That is so cute. He looks so grown up in those pictures. Very cute! love ya
Your such a good mom. You actually go out in the cold. I just make Ryder go out alone in the backyard and put Easton in his chair right in front of the sliding door so Ryder can throw snowballs at the window. They both get a big kick out of it. I love you little snowman!
Oh, so cute!
oh my gosh, it was way easier 20 years ago. and i think that was the last time that i had done it until this year! the things we do for our kids!
Post a Comment