11.10.2008

You Go Girl!

Today, we found out that the baby that we weren't sure if we'd get to see is a girl! Go figure! Right before I went into surgery, my doctor informed us that there would be a good chance that we'd lose our precious little baby. I was 12 weeks along at the time and this was devastating news. However, we knew we didn't have a choice, so we had to take the chance. After my surgery, I was relieved to find out that she'd made it that far. The next 48 hours were going to be a challenge and all we could do was hope that she'd be okay. We were reminded again today why we are so lucky. It was such an overwhelming feeling to see her moving around and as healthy as can be! Before my surgery, I was very open about my gender preference. I thought I had figured out the future of my family. I was convincing myself that Anders needed a baby brother for many reasons. After my surgery, I honestly was convinced that after all we'd been through, I didn't care either way. Of course, a boy still would have been more convenient since we already have all the stuff! After we found out that sure enough, our little baby is a girl, we were thrilled. I'm not going to lie, I did shed a tear or two, but I'm just so proud of my strong little girl! We will never forget what we've been through with her already. Of course, Christian's first comment was, "at least we don't have to worry about the circumcision this time!" Amen to that! I said it once and I'll say it again, YOU GO GIRL!

15 comments:

Tara Mogle said...

WOOT! WOOT! You go girl is right! Yay I am so excited for you! I have been patiently waiting all day for this post! That is such great news. She is a strong little thing and you have already been through so much together....what a bond you must have with her already! That is so awesome. A boy would be great for Anders however, just think how sweet he will be with a litle sister!!!!!!
I am seriously so happy for you guys. You take care of yourself and I mean that with all the motherliness in my voice that I can muster up!! I mean it! You take it easy.
love ya tons

The Creagers said...

Yea! I'm so excited for you. I can totally see you with a little girl, Christian should be worried about all the shopping that comes along with having a girl...I had problems with Rylie at about 9 weeks and they didn't think she would make it, but she did just like your little one...maybe girls are stronger...well I'm excited for you. Have you thought of any names?

-Coulter said that he saw you last week and that you were really nice. I'm glad that you guys met...

Henry Family said...

Thats awesome!!!, girls are fun but alot of work at least from my experience. I swear Lilly can be harder then the twins most days. Hang in there, you are one tough lady!

Alison said...

YAY! Now you must pick out a good strong name to match her strong-willed personality, like Alison (j/k)!

Courtney said...

Yay!!! Girls are so fun!

Mark and Janelle said...

Yeah, I am so excited you are having a girl. i think it is good to have one of each. I will have to admit too, when i found out i was having a boy, i wanted to cry, I wanted Shaylee to have a little sister, but I would not change my little Tyler for anything in the world.

It does suck that you will have to get everything for a little girl, and Kirsten has a point the shopping is horrible. There is so much more for girls than boys. Hey if you need anything for this baby, I have got bins and bins of clothes that you can borrow!

The Odles said...

Hurray! I am so thrilled for you, it has been a long time for our family to have a little girl. I figure about 8 since Elli was born.

Billy and Nikki said...

I'm so happy for you guys, you and Christian are such amazing parents. And anders will be the best big brother. He called it! He knew he was getting a sister. I can't wait to see her. I love that we can call her her. It seems so real now!!! I can't wait.

Ricky and Chelsey said...

Yeah, I knew you needed a girl. You are going to love it! I am so happy for you!

Sharee said...

I am so excited for you!! Now we have girls that can play with eachother. I agree with Christian about the circumsion thing... it is sad! One of the first things Matt said was " We aren't going to talk about periods or menstration in our house." We will see I guess haha.

Eric and Cindy Hansen said...

CONGRATS. We are SO excited for you guys and your little girl!

Joe and AnnMarie said...

Congrats. I also had to breathe a sigh of relief for you that all is well. Circumcisions are stressful...after Myles I hoped we would only have girls for that reason only. Anders sure is getting big.

Heidi and Josch said...

how cool. congrats. i think it is great for everyone to have one of each. im excited for you.

Scott and Glory said...

Congrats! That is such wonderful news. We are so happy for your sweet little family! Let me know what colors you will do in her room so I can get busy on a quilt.

Jamie said...

YAY!! Every dad needs a little girl!! I am glad everything is going better!!